[Mediawiki-l] Interwiki transclusion

Constant Depièreux constant.depiereux at skynet.be
Fri Jun 29 07:35:14 UTC 2007

Hello,

I have several sites based upon mediawiki and I would like to use
interwiki transclusion mechanism to create a component (e.g. a
template:components:componentid article) in one of them (a pseudo
commons) to reuse on the other sites.

The mechanism works fine for the first inclusion (using
{{SourceWiki:components:componentid}}), but with a signification
problem : any subsequent modification of the component is not updated
in the calling page.

Strangely, any modification called from the calling page is correctly
performed on the source, but not reflected back in the calling page.
Furthermore, attempt to delete and recreate the call to the template
from the calling page, reintroduce  initial content.

It looks to me that the original template content is cached somewhere
and not superseded  later on.

Many thanks in advance for any explanation or solution.

Best regards

Constant Depièreux
Managing Director
Applied Quality Technologies Europe sprl
Mobile:+32 (0)475 555 818
Courriel: constant.depiereux at aqte-consulting.eu
Site: http://www.aqte-consulting.eu

PS : Sites involved are :

Source : http://www.qualitypedia.eu (http://www.qualitypedia.eu/
index.php?title=Modèle:Composants:Encre)
Target : http://www.qualitionnaire.eu (http://www.qualitionnaire.eu/
index.php?title=Encre)