[Mediawiki-l] Address-Database2Wiki: Problems with Template-generated headlines

Andreas Kahl Andreas_Kahl at gmx.net
Wed Jun 27 15:16:25 UTC 2007

Hello everybody,

I have a problem with Templates: When I created a template for
formatting a large set of addresses, I used headlines (with == headline
== for being able to structure the page and giving users the possibility
to change certain addresses only without seeing the code for the whole
page.

The problem is: When I click on 'edit' on a certain headline, I get an
empty code instead of the code for the certain address.
What can I do to change that? Besides that, the output looks exactly as
I expected. But I can only edit the whole page not certain addresses -
that's the problem.

Thanks for any ideas.

Regards
Andreas

P.S. Here's an example to what I did:
First try:
<<
Template:Addresses:
=={{{Title}}} {{{Name}}}==
Address: {{{Street}}}
Country: {{{Country}}}

Addresses-file:
{{Template:Addresses
|Title=M.Sc
|Name=Max
|Street=Roadname
|Country=Germany
}}

In a second step, I changed that to help MediaWiki understand me, but it
didn't help:
<<
Template:Addresses-headline:
{{{Title}}} {{{Name}}}