[Mediawiki-l] PHP XML problem during installation

Jef jeffrey at ebenner.com
Wed Jun 27 15:11:01 UTC 2007

On Wed Jun 27 07:32:44 PDT 2007, Brion Vibber
<brion at wikimedia.org> wrote:

> Jeffrey Benner wrote:
>> PHP's XML module is missing;
[snip]

> 2) Is it physically on the disk but not enabled? Check php.ini

Brion thanks that did it. I needed to uncomment ;extension= lines
for both xml and session support and restarted Apache. Obviously
this is the first PHP application I have worked with though I have
installed other server packages before.

As an FYI to MediaWiki developers, it would be nice if a note to
this effect was included in the installation docs so that future
installers would be spared the hassle. I am a DBA who works in
Unix in my job but haven't needed to work with PHP before. This
was easy once you put me on the scent.

Jef