[Mediawiki-l] Using javascript within a wiki page?

Paul Coghlan pcoghlan at usa.net
Sun Jun 10 15:35:05 UTC 2007

I have looked through the list archives and if this has been asked before I
apologize but I seem to be coming up empty handed.

I am trying to allow javascript within wiki pages BUT preferably only for
sysops. Putting aside the permission thing for a moment is it possible to
include such scripting within a wiki page?

I found the $wgAllowUserJs flag which I have turned on but adding script
into a page is not doing anything.

I am trying to include some Google maps in pages and the current GoogleMaps
extension is just not powerful enough. For example, I need to have place
markers appears at different zoom levels etc.

As always, any input is much appreciated.

Thanks,
Paul