[Mediawiki-l] Extension manager

Monahon, Peter B. Peter.Monahon at USPTO.GOV
Fri Jun 8 17:54:58 UTC 2007

> David wrote: ... you're not the customer,
> you're another potential developer ;-)

Peter Blaise responds: Thanks, Dave.  I think you've identified one
central problem - nobody seems to know what a "customer" is!  Perhaps
they are just doing all this coding for their own entertainment after
all.  That explains a lot.

Anyway, my point is: just because this is "open source" does not mean we
have to forget all the advances in the features and benefits of user
interface design, many that were achieved 20 years ago.

I'm trying to inspire customer service; you're trying to explain lack of
customer service.  It makes sense, then, that our posts would seem to
argue with each other - we're talking about different things.

-- Peter Blaise

------------------------------

> Frederik wrote: DFTT - please.

Peter Blaise responds:  Hi, Frederik.  You say 'don't feed the trolls',
AND you put it in an email to the group, eh?  Irony?

Google [define:Troll]: "a newsgroup post that is deliberately incorrect,
intended to provoke readers; or a person who makes such a post".

Though I have no problem being provocative, I strive for accuracy.  Hey,
that's why I've been looking for a resource map on MediaWiki
installation, config, use, maintenance, and so on - to support my
customers as accurately as possible.  I've been building such a resource
as I go along, and others are pitching in long before me, and
subsequently.  If you know anything that will help, please share links
to MediaWiki.org where you share it.

New: http://www.mediawiki.org/wiki/Manual:Interface

... thanks to, http://www.mediawiki.org/wiki/User:Rogerhc

I put some on http://www.mediawiki.org/wiki/Manual_talk:Interface and
http://www.mediawiki.org/wiki/User:Peterblaise and more, but I have a
long way to go.

Troll indeed!

Frederiktionary [define:troll]: "anyone Frederik disagrees with".

Thanks.

xo's

-- Peter Blaise