[Mediawiki-l] Any leads on a basic wiki setup-and-configure instruction manual?

Monahon, Peter B. Peter.Monahon at USPTO.GOV
Tue Jun 5 17:03:11 UTC 2007

Hi fellow MediaWikians,

I'm trying to compile a:

"see this on a MediaWiki screen, edit it ... HERE"

... listing for MediaWiki administration.  Can anyone link me to a list
that addresses these on-screen MediaWiki words and their synonyms, and
shows where to edit/control their appearance ... or, failing any
existing published documentation, perhaps we each could take what we
know on put it on mediawiki.org and then share a link here in response
to this post?  Thanks!

- on-screen "navigation"
... = MediaWiki:Sidebar
... = http://{your wiki's URL}/index.php?title=MediaWiki:Sidebar

- on-screen "search"
... = (synonym?)
... = place to edit/control it

- on-screen "toolbox" =
... = (synonym?)
... = place to edit/control it

... and so on for ALL editable page elements in a MediaWiki
installation.

Thanks!

- Peter Blaise
... still at it, still fighting for a real server, but in development
nonetheless, sharing an intranet MediaWiki from my workstation!