[Mediawiki-l] (20024)The given path misformatted or contained invalid characters

Agon S. Buchholz asb at kefk.net
Wed Jul 18 19:26:57 UTC 2007

Brion Vibber wrote:

>> I upgraded from 1.8.2 to 1.10 and my Special:Version page comes up
>> empty. Any ideas why and how to fix it?

> This is probably an interaction with one of your extensions or else
> you're using one of the converter-based languages (Zh, Sr, perhaps
> Kk?) with certain versions of PHP; there have been a few issues with
> certain ones and that's probably fixed in 1.11.

I have the same problem on several MediaWiki setups unter Debian
GNU/Linux "Etch"; Special:Version is fine immediately after installing,
so basically  it seems not to be a problem with PHP.

I could track down the faulty extension: It seems, that the "Cite"
extensions [1] causes the error, at least in my installations:
uncommenting the extension brings back Special:Version. It doesn't
matter, if I'm using a (very) old or the latest version from SVN.

However, the extension itself seems to work properly ;)

Regards, -asb

[1] http://www.mediawiki.org/wiki/Extension:Cite/Cite.php