No subject

Sun Jan 7 16:43:09 UTC 2007

...[snip 499 words] ...
Namespaces searched by default
The search only applies to the namespaces selected in the user's
preferences.  To search the other namespaces check or uncheck the
tickboxes in "Search in namespaces" box found at the bottom of a search
results page.  Depending on the browser, a box may still be checked from
a previous search, but without being effective any longer!  To make
sure, uncheck and recheck it.
Searching the image namespace means searching the image descriptions,
i.e. the first parts of the image description pages.=20
... [snip 605 words] ...
Google indexes all namespaces=20
... [snip 1,478 words] ...
=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D

Oh, is that what you mean?  "The search only applies to the namespaces
selected in the user's preferences." ...so, if I'm not a logged in user,
what default preferences are used for namespace searches?  Oh, that's
not in this page ...

> Peter Blaise wrote: How do you create an=20
> admin or sysops after the Wiki's built?

> Someone responded: Have the person create=20
> a user ID, then edit the user's privileges in=20
> Special:Userrights.

Thanks!  Lemme try:

=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D
http://localhost/mediawiki/index.php/Special:Userrights
Permission error
The action you have requested is limited to users in the group
"Bureaucrats".=20
Return to Main Page.
=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D

Argh!