[Mediawiki-l] PageSecurity and 1.9

Frederik Dohr fdg001 at gmx.net
Sat Jan 27 18:20:15 UTC 2007

>> Don't use a wiki if you want a secure access-controlled environment.
>> Use a proper CMS or a document management system.
>
> I'm definitely not looking for a super secure access-controlled
> environment.  I'm building a public web page with multiple editors, and
> want to prevent those editors from accidentally or intentionally
> overwriting portions of the site they aren't responsible for.  The Wiki
> platform is perfect for what we want, with an extension like

I agree with the Air Force here; while this might not be 100% conform to
Cunningham's original idea, there's definitely a gray zone in between
the open wiki principle and CMS-style access control.
That's the beauty of wikis (and MW in particular); they can be adapted
to almost any situation.

Just my two cents... (translation: Please, Rob, don't hurt me!)

-- F.