[Mediawiki-l] '/' trick in subpage links

Ittay Dror ittayd at qlusters.com
Wed Jan 24 19:18:08 UTC 2007

i thought the '/' at the end is the equivalent of the pipe trick for sub pages. it is quite useful, since in many cases, the context is known from the page and the '/' trick doesn't require me to give the link text. in my case, the wiki documents a product. so 3.1/Manual/Overview is the overview page in the 3.1 version's manual. in the overview page, i have links like [[../some feature]]. without the '/' trick, the text will be rendered as '3.1/Manual/some feature', which is too long, since 'some feature' is enough. when the user clicks the link, the title will be '3.1/Manual/some feature', which is ok i think.