[Mediawiki-l] '/' trick in subpage links

John Moorhouse john.moorhouse at 3jays.me.uk
Wed Jan 24 18:42:38 UTC 2007

Rob Church wrote:
> On 24/01/07, Ittay Dror <ittayd at qlusters.com> wrote:
>
>> if i use '[[../../a/b/]]', the text is a/b
>>

> That sounds like a bug.

Yes but a bug my editors really like - don't take it away please, for
example if you want to create a link to a first daughter page, the
[[/daughter/]] creates a nice 'daughter' as 'pretty' link, other wise
they would have to do '[[/daughter|daughter]] to get the same result
with a pipe. it does save a lot of typing !

my 2p worth.

> There might be some scope to sort out the pipe trick to work properly
> with subpages, though, but then one reaches the obvious problem of how
> much of the title to exclude.

I agree with this problem.