[Mediawiki-l] [OT] wikis "sales pitch"

Frederik Dohr fdg001 at gmx.net
Thu Jan 18 12:01:46 UTC 2007

I have created a first draft of items that I think should (or might) be
in such an initial introduction to wikis.

Due to the restricted formatting options here (and because I hope for
contributions), I've chosen to publish it as a wiki page:
http://scratchpad.wikia.com/wiki/Wiki_sales_pitch

This page contains
a) a short definition and history
b) possible fields of application
c) a list of pros and cons
e) examples of wiki syntax
d) many blunders, probably

Thanks to your suggestions - also those in the thread (accidentally?)
started by Nancy - I've tried to incorporate them as concisely as possible.

-- F.