[Mediawiki-l] Exporting from WP

Metaspheres metaspheres at yahoo.com
Sun Jan 14 00:51:47 UTC 2007

Greetings and Happy New Year!

I have a question: The export feature on WP only allows up to 100 revisions to be exported, and if an article has more than 100 revisions, it will only give the first 100. Alright, now let us say there is an article with 5000 revisions. Is it possible to retrieve every single one of those 5000 edits through export? For instance, would I be able to retrieve them in batches of 100 each? And if so, how?

The example parameters on the MediaWiki site by Tim Starling unfortunately do not work. For instance, with the two examples he provides for the Main Page of WP, it only brings up the single most recent edit.

If the export feature cannot handle this, is there any other way for me to retrieve the full history of an article from WP and import into my wiki?

Much thanks,

Sven