[Mediawiki-l] MediaWiki 1.9 branched; release tomorrow

spencerp spencerp1 at gmail.com
Wed Jan 10 08:04:45 UTC 2007

[Brion Wrote Before>
Well, I'd certainly recommend trying 1.9 then; it should work more consistently and/or provide better error messages for this case.~~~]

YES!! I just upgraded to the Latest - 1.10alpha copy.. I know, I know, haha.. but, figured out how to do the line command now, on over-writing the files in the codex's root directory. I did make a database backup first though, saved the extension to computer, same goes for original LocalSettings.php file, and some others in which I did core file edits..

At first though, for some odd reason.. I couldn't get the "php update.php" command line to work on "maintenance/", gave me a message saying, it couldn't work because of running php 4.X.X, but if you're sure php5 is running, check the path to it, or whatever.. But, I AM running the MediaWiki on PHP 5.1.2 though.. so.. not sure what's up with that. I'm on Dreamhost.com by the way..

(I'm not sure on the AdminSettings.php file deal, I put in there my user and pass that's actually for the Database user and pass.. and it's different of course, to my Administrator account for the Codex itself..) Do I have to manually create that user's table first, or something.. ?

Anyway, I chmodded the config/ folder 777, renamed my LocalSettings.php file to LocalSettings.php.old.. and went through normal browser install stuff, it upgraded the database like supposed too..

Then saved the NEWLY made LocalSettings.php file as LocalSettings.php.newest, and then moved it to root/ of the codex..  however, I'm using the original one instead..Re-chmodded the config/ 644

I didn't try the BBPress_Auth extension yet, but will here soon. I want to make sure that's still going to work with it, which I'm sure it will..

All that customized work is and was saved.. I went around here and there on the Codex.. and haven't recieved any errors.. so, to me looks like she's working great! Awesome!! Thanks for your time .. ;) :)

--
spencerp
http://spencerp.net