[Mediawiki-l] Allow Anonymous User Emails

Alexis Moinet alexis.moinet at fpms.ac.be
Tue Jan 9 13:06:31 UTC 2007

Air Force CGOC Webmaster a écrit :
>The one thing I
> do want to allow is for anonymous users to send email via
> Special:Emailuser.  How do I open just that page/function to anonymous
> users?

You can either write an extension (maybe there is already one existing) or hack the code of the mailing function (include/SpecialEmailuser.php)

if you change the code of SpecialEmailUser.php, at least, you'll have to comment (or change) in the function wfSpecialEmailuser($par) these lines :

if( !$wgUser->canSendEmail() ) {
		wfDebug( "User can't send.\n" );
		$wgOut->showErrorPage( "mailnologin", "mailnologintext" );
		return;
}

(function canSendEmail() call isEmailConfirmed() which returns false if Anon)

you might have to change something else in that file or in the mail form (which could get in trouble when it will try to display the sender name) , but I don't know what