[Mediawiki-l] Moderation ?

Sy Ali sy1234 at gmail.com
Wed Feb 14 17:56:11 UTC 2007

On 2/14/07, Richard Hordern <richard at ghz.fr> wrote:
> I'm quite new to the wiki world and I'm rather worried about spam as it

Look directly towards anti-spam measures.  See
http://meta.wikimedia.org/wiki/Category:Anti_Spam

> seems that anyone can change anything ! I could write a long
> presentation page and then someone who doesn't like me could comme along
> and delete everything ! But I would also like to allow people to add
> this so long as I have read them first... I guess this is how wikipedia
> works isn't it?

No, nobody can permanently delete anything, including the
administrator, without trying hard.

No, there is no moderation feature.  It's "edit first, moderate
later".  This makes it very important to have anti-spam measures in
place.