[Mediawiki-l] Using preload to create page with transcluded section in edit box

Kelly Jones kelly.terry.jones at gmail.com
Sat Feb 10 03:29:04 UTC 2007

I'd like to create a URL similar to this:

http://xyz.com/wiki/abc?action=edit&preload=Template:Test&transclude=foo#bar

that does the following when clicked:

% Brings up the edit box to create a new page called 'abc'

% The edit box is pre-loaded with the 'bar' section of page 'foo'. I
don't mean the edit box says "{{:foo#bar}}"-- I mean the actual
contents of foo#bar are right there in the edit box

How do I setup Template:Test to do this?

I'm an end-user on the wiki: I can ask the admins to install any
"standard" package, but nothing experimental or unusual.

In my actual application, I'll want the edit box to contain the
contents of foo#bar plus a bit more, but I thought this would be a
good start.