[Mediawiki-l] MediaWiki tag meaning "add section called x to this page"?

Kelly Jones kelly.terry.jones at gmail.com
Wed Feb 7 20:56:59 UTC 2007

I'm viewing a MediaWiki page that I feel needs another section called
"x". For example, a page summarizing bird activity on each continent
with no section for Antarctica. I'm too lazy to add the section
myself.

Is there a standard MediaWiki tag/category that says "Someone should
really add a section called 'Antarctica' to this page", where
Antarctica is a parameter? A "missing section" tag?

The page isn't a stub, and doesn't require cleanup, so neither of
those tags would be appropriate.

Could I create the section myself, leave it empty, and then add a
"this page has empty section(s)" tag? I assume MediaWiki doesn't
automatically have a "Special:" page listing pages w/ empty sections?

I guess I'm looking for a "section" equivalent of
"Special:Wantedpages". I'm not asking someone to create a new page for
Antarctica (that wouldn't make sense, since it would break the
organization of the existing page), but I am asking someone to create
a new section for it on an existing page.