[Mediawiki-l] MediaWiki, PHP5 and IE7

Jeremy Flint jflint at gmail.com
Wed Feb 7 23:35:51 UTC 2007

I have recently installed MediaWiki 1.5 on a Windows 2003 server in
our office, along with MySQL4 and PHP5.

Also, many of us have recently upgraded to IE7.

When logging in or out of MediaWiki, and on some other occasions, IE7
will display an error page saying:

 Internet Explorer cannot display the webpage

Most likely causes:
* You are not connected to the Internet.
* The website is encountering problems.
* There might be a typing error in the address.

However, if I refresh the page, or just go back to the main page, it
is apparent that the login was completed. Its almost like IE7 is
choking on the redirect.

Has anyone else experience this? I set up a dev version of this
installation before moving it to the current server. The only
difference was that the dev version used PHP 4, and there was know
problem.

Are there any known issues with PHP5 and IE7?

--
jeremy flint
www.jeremyflint.com