[Mediawiki-l] Short URL reflecting wiki structure, no www

Platonides Platonides at gmail.com
Wed Aug 8 21:34:24 UTC 2007

Sean O'Connor wrote:
> Second, I'm wanting to get Short URL/Very Short URL working.  I'm
> looking at using the .htaccess rewrite method, but all .htaccess
> example base themselves on the wiki being installed in /wiki or /w and
> I can't figure out how to get this to work?  Would anyone have a
> working .htaccess sample for a wiki installed at /root ?

They'd be equivalent, but you should always put some folder there,
having every file as a wiki-article gives to problems when you want
non-wiki file on your site (eg. robots.txt).

> Finally, what I'd *prefer* would be to reflect the site's structure
> within the URL, and end up with something like:
>
> http://mydomain.com/category/subcategory/article
> or
> http://mydomain.com/category/article
>
> This obviously addresses those pages which belong in categories and/or
> subcategories only.

This isn't really categories. I think you're searching some kind of
subpages (which you need to enable and may not do everything you expect
them to)