[Mediawiki-l] Formating does not work

Jim Wilson wilson.jim.r at gmail.com
Tue Apr 24 04:46:55 UTC 2007

Yeah - MediaWiki uses its own markup language called wikitext.  Here's a
good place to get started learning it (if you're interested):

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Help:Editing#Most_frequent_wiki_markup_explained

There are other wiki systems that take a WYSIWYG approach to wiki editing -
I can't really recommend one off the top of my head without knowing what you
intend to do with your wiki.

Good luck!

-- Jim