[Mediawiki-l] file upload questions and problems

Ian Smith ismith at good.com
Thu Apr 12 21:23:57 UTC 2007

revansx at cox.net:

> It does not appear to be a permissions issue.

You're probably right, it's just that with the hashing scheme, there are
many sub-directories where things can get uploaded, and in the past I've
had problems like this on Windows due to inconsistent perms.

> ... -- and -- I am able to upload very large
> files (so long as I tell it to ignore the warning)

Huh?  You mean that the upload is successful, and you can subsequently
view the file in the Wiki?

> My platform is:
> Server Version: Apache/2.0.52 (Red Hat)
> Server Built: Aug 2 2006 05:21:10

OK, I guess you're on Linux... ;-)

> but please continue to consider what might be causing my PDF file
upload
> problem.

I'm considering... no results as yet, sorry!

Ian