[Mediawiki-l] Status of wysiwyg editors for mw1.9?

Michael Daly mikedaly at magma.ca
Tue Apr 10 22:11:47 UTC 2007

dirk.westfal at frankfurter-verein.de wrote:

> The cheat-sheet i`m currently using is extremely simple:
> - headlines
> - bulleted/numbered lists
> - bold
> - code
> - links
> - images
> - categories

I once had to provide support for a whole office full of ancient
mainframe programmers who had to start using IBM ScriptVS (a markup
based editing system not unlike HTML or wiki markup).  I wrote an
introductory text that basically walked them through a cheatsheet like
yours.

Before long, they were teaching me to use features I'd never heard of.
As long as they're not stupid, they'll do fine.  If they are stupid,
they'll keep reusing the basics in interesting ways.

Mike