[Mediawiki-l] Senior technology developer fulltime position at MIT for OpenWetWare wiki

Reshma Shetty rshetty at mit.edu
Tue Apr 10 13:59:35 UTC 2007

Hello,

I thought some folks on this list might be interested to know that
OpenWetWare (http://openwetware.org ) is hiring for two full-time
positions.  OpenWetWare is an MediaWiki-based effort to promote the sharing
of information, know-how, and wisdom among researchers and groups who are
working in biology & biological engineering.  We are looking for a senior
technology developer and a senior knowledge developer  (details below).
Both will be hired and based out of MIT in Cambridge, MA, USA.

Please forward to any folks you think might be interested.  Info at
http://openwetware.org/wiki/OpenWetWare:Hiring
and questions go to hiring at openwetware.org

Thanks,

Reshma

-----
Do you want to change the future of scientific and engineering research? Are
you looking for a unique opportunity to empower researchers to openly share
information? OpenWetWare is a community of thousands of researchers from
around the world who freely share their ideas, results, tools, and wisdom.
Our project has largely been volunteer driven to date; we are now looking to
hire two full time employees.

Senior technology developer

Responsibilities:
Define and carryout lead software development and technology integration in
support of OpenWetWare. Cultivate and respond to community input. Leverage
internal volunteer development resources and establish productive
relationship with external open source projects. Oversee outsourced server
operations. Help lead development of our long term technology development
strategy.

Requirements:
Deep experience and proficiency with Linux, Apache, MySQL, PHP. Familiarity
with MediaWiki a plus. Awareness and understanding of ongoing external web
2.0 trends and projects. Should be able to develop and carryout independent
projects. Must be able to foster productive relationships with existing and
growing OWW user community.

Senior knowledge developer

Responsibilities:
Lead improvements to the OWW community and knowledge structure. Develop and
implement knowledge management resources that improve the sharing of
information via OWW. Lead conversations with OWW users and Technology
Developers to ensure continuing relevance of ongoing knowledge management
improvements. Help lead development of our long term community and knowledge
development strategy.

Requirements:
Excellent communication, writing, organizational, and knowledge management
skills. Awareness of ongoing external web 2.0 trends and projects. Fanatical
enthusiasm for open research and communication.

Apply at http://openwetware.org/wiki/OpenWetWare:Hiring

Questions?  Email hiring at openwetware.org