[Mediawiki-l] The Ideal Wiki Software (aka MediaWiki 2.0) - Ideas Update

Virgil Ierubino virgil.ierubino at gmail.com
Tue Apr 10 02:57:08 UTC 2007

Since creating the page on Meta a long while ago now, and alerting some
mailing lists of it, this page:
http://meta.wikimedia.org/wiki/MediaWiki_Ideal has now become rather
populated by ideas.

The page asks the question "What would MediaWiki be like if it generated
maximum wiki success?" (i.e. made the most users make the best
contributions?).

I have tried to structure the page, but it could really do with some
cleanup. I see it as an article, as I think it would be most useful for the
content to be edited and reworked into a readable body of coherent ideas.

If we could tidy the page before the meetings discussed by Erik Moeller in
his recent mailing list post, perhaps the document could be useful in their
MediaWiki 2.0 discussions? It is certainly rich with ideas.

Thanks,

Virgil.