[Mediawiki-l] problem with breaking out of frames JS using ShortURLs???

Richard Evans revansx at cox.net
Fri Apr 6 16:00:42 UTC 2007

This is just an fyi post to share with the group when the problem and
solution was to the situation described below.

After reading-up on the implementation of the "Short URL" method at:
http://meta.wikimedia.org/wiki/Eliminating_index.php_from_the_url

it dawned on me that the problem was that my iframe content was within my
wiki directory and therefore the Apache server was "programmed" to alias the
page for me as requested for the short URL implementation.

The solution (and lesson learned) is to no point IFRAMEs to anything in the
wiki directory tree if your server is set-up to alias the path for you.

so....thanks again to anyone who invested a few brain cycles into this post.

- rich (revansx)
-- Even a blind squirrel finds an acorn once in a while - lol.