[Mediawiki-l] problem with breaking out of frames JS using Short URLs???

Richard Evans revansx at cox.net
Thu Apr 5 16:05:11 UTC 2007

Hi,

In order to get an HTML "iframe" working in a custom skin I'm working on,
I've disabled my MediaWiki's behavior of breaking out of frames using an
equivalent act of adding "$wgBreakFrames=false;" in the LocalSettings file
by simply modifying the /skins/common/wikibits.js file to comment out the
code which checks for the parent frame (lines 65 & 66 in ver. 1.6.10) <-
thanks Rob :-)

This works perfectly for long URLs which use the php post data to carry the
article title

such as:     .../wiki/index.php?title=My_Title

but does NOT work with short URLs

such as:     ../wiki/index.php/My_Title

does anyone the mechanics of the "Short URL" programming well enough to help
me come up with a solution that does not involve upgrading. I am stuck with
1.6.10

please advise,
- rich (revansx)