[Mediawiki-l] Frequent Logout Issue

Raquel raquel at thericehouse.net
Fri Sep 8 21:17:29 UTC 2006

On Fri, 8 Sep 2006 09:23:54 -0500
"Tim Doyle" <tim at greenscourt.com> wrote:

> A user of a wiki that I manage reported that during a half hour
> period, she found herself logged out and had to log in again. She
> did not view the logout screen - she just realized that she could
> no longer edit and realized that she wasn't logged in. She has not
> had this problem before, and the problem appears to have gone away
> now. She connects via wireless in her office.
>
> Does anyone have any idea of what might have caused this? Could
> she have been having dropped connections on her wireless? Is the
> IP address stored in the token or session cookies?
>
> Any information to help me understand this would be greatly
> appreciated.
>
> Thank you!
>

> Tim Doyle

Check the settings in your php.ini file for
"session.gc_maslifetime".

; After this number of seconds, stored data will be seen as
'garbage' and
; cleaned up by the garbage collection process.
session.gc_maxlifetime = 1440

1440 seconds is 24 minutes.  If, while editing a page, you don't
refresh the session on some way (like "Show preview") the the
session will expire.

--
Raquel