[Mediawiki-l] Frequent Logout Issue

Emufarmers Sangly emufarmers at gmail.com
Fri Sep 8 20:44:42 UTC 2006

MediaWiki does indeed use some manner of cookies; if it just happened to one
user, it's nothing for you to worry about, and if it just happened once, it
isn't something that should be a problem for her.  If it happens to her
again, or it happens to other people, then you should look into it, but if
it's just a random occurrence, it probably isn't anything to worry about. :)

On 9/8/06, Tim Doyle <tim at greenscourt.com> wrote:

> A user of a wiki that I manage reported that during a half hour period,
> she
> found herself logged out and had to log in again. She did not view the
> logout screen - she just realized that she could no longer edit and
> realized
> that she wasn't logged in. She has not had this problem before, and the
> problem appears to have gone away now. She connects via wireless in her
> office.
>
> Does anyone have any idea of what might have caused this? Could she have
> been having dropped connections on her wireless? Is the IP address stored
> in
> the token or session cookies?
>
> Any information to help me understand this would be greatly appreciated.
>
> Thank you!
>

> Tim Doyle

Emufarmers Sangly
Pirate, Cowboy,