[Mediawiki-l] How to let people stay logged in (Gary Kirk)

Dave Yost ListMail at Yost.com
Fri Oct 27 04:02:20 UTC 2006

>At Wed, 25 Oct 2006 19:58:10 +0100 "Gary Kirk" <gary.kirk at gmail.com> wrote:
>
>That kind of defeats the point of using HTTPS, no?

Not at all.  https ensures that only the trusted group can be using the wiki.  This is why we trust them to stay logged in to the wiki.  The whole point would be moot if apache would inform MW as to my user and group from the https login, so I would never have to do 2 logins: one for https and another for mediawiki.  This is the problem I would really like to see solved.  But in the meantime my workaround question stands.  (And "remember me" doesn't log me in; it just rememebers my name in the login screen.)

Dave