[Mediawiki-l] sidebar and authorities question

Nicholas Buttle nicholas_buttle at yahoo.com
Thu Oct 19 14:35:25 UTC 2006

I'm trying to put together a wiki for an Architectural
firm.

1.  They want categories somewhat like you have in
Twiki.  However, I've had a look at Twiki and I find
it pretty difficult to get to grips with so I imagine
it'll be user unfriendly in the firm.  Is there a way
of changing the side bar if you navigate to a category
page?  ie the sidebar becomes the subcategory bar when
you get to the selected category.

2.  What level of user access control is there in
mediawiki?  We're after 'locking down' certain pages
and leaving others open to editing by just about
everybody.

TIA

Nicholas