[Mediawiki-l] sidebar and authorities question

Gary Kirk gary.kirk at gmail.com
Thu Oct 19 15:41:23 UTC 2006

I'm not sure about your first point, but as for your second:

MediaWiki is extremely flexible in this respect. You can protect
certain pages so only administrators can edit them, and leave others
unprotected. You can also set up specific user groups with different
permissions.

------
Gary Kirk

On 10/19/06, Nicholas Buttle <nicholas_buttle at yahoo.com> wrote:
> I'm trying to put together a wiki for an Architectural
> firm.
>
> 1.  They want categories somewhat like you have in
> Twiki.  However, I've had a look at Twiki and I find
> it pretty difficult to get to grips with so I imagine
> it'll be user unfriendly in the firm.  Is there a way
> of changing the side bar if you navigate to a category
> page?  ie the sidebar becomes the subcategory bar when
> you get to the selected category.
>
> 2.  What level of user access control is there in
> mediawiki?  We're after 'locking down' certain pages
> and leaving others open to editing by just about
> everybody.
>
> TIA
>
> Nicholas

Gary Kirk