[Mediawiki-l] After upgrade, I have duplicate tables in database

Patricia Barden webmaster at prwatch.org
Wed Oct 18 01:42:27 UTC 2006

Thanks, Brion...

Before running the web installer, I ran "upgrade1_5.php" from the
command line in order to do the db schema upgrade from 1.4 to 1.5.
I'm guessing it completed since there were no error messages and I
have all of the "new" tables in the db. The portion of the script
that renames "table_temp" to "table" ran. But tables that have "_old"
appended to the name and other tables that are now obsolete, like
"user_rights", were not dropped.

I'd just like to confirm that the tables that appear in a clean
install of the latest version (1.8.2) are the only tables that need
to be in upgraded versions as well. They are:

archive
categorylinks
externallinks
filearchive