[Mediawiki-l] Installing MediaWiki on a co-lo server

Gary Kirk gary.kirk at gmail.com
Tue Oct 17 18:32:24 UTC 2006

I'm getting a shared package and  wanting to install MediaWiki there.
It's Linux hosting and has all the prerequisites. My question is this:
what is it I am supported to download, and install? I think I'm
supposed to download the tar.gz file, but then what? Do I upload it
(via FTP) to my webspace, and if so, will it unpack itself or what? I
run Windows XP on my desktop. For the record, I haven't purchased the
package yet, so I can't try things out yet, just want advice.

Thanks
--
Gary Kirk