[Mediawiki-l] create user from script

Matt Hucke hucke at cynico.net
Tue Oct 17 18:37:55 UTC 2006

Does anyone have a script (php or perl) to create a Wiki user without using
the web interface, sending as parameters username, password, and email?

I have a complex site that already has much functionality in Perl, including
a different and well-entrenched system of storing usernames and passwords
(passwords are stored with crypt() in Postgresql); and I'd like to have the
users be able to create Wiki accounts for themselves by re-entering their
passwords and pressing a button.

However, we can't open up the normal Wiki account creation mechanism due
to the extremely high chance of vandalism.   It has to happen behind
the scenes and be accessible only to people who have already logged in
using our other system.

Thanks

(wiki : http://www.novaroma.org/nr/)

--
hucke at cynico.net - http://www.graveyards.com

-"Apes don't read philosophy."
-"Yes they do, Otto, they just don't understand it! Let me correct
you on a few things: Aristotle was not Belgian. The central message of
Buddhism is not 'every man for himself'. And the London Underground is
not a political movement!  Those are all mistakes. I looked them up."
		-from "A Fish Called Wanda"