[Mediawiki-l] tips for mediawiki on sourceforge.net

J. Patrick Bedell jpbedell at gmail.com
Sun Oct 8 19:40:54 UTC 2006

Hi,
   I'm trying to use MediaWiki-1.6.8 for my SourceForge project web
space at http://infoeng.sourceforge.net/wiki.  The performance seems
to have been degrading over the past two days, since I have installed
the software.  Now, I am practically unable to connect at all and have
a connection timeout error when I try to go to the home page at
http://infoeng.sourceforge.net/wiki/index.php/Main_Page .  Is there
any error that might be specific to sourceforge.net that I am
overlooking?  I do have caching disabled with the commands

$wgMainCacheType = CACHE_NONE;
$wgMemCachedServers = array();

in LocalSettings.php.  Are there any suggestions that you can provide
to make MediaWiki work on SourceForge.net?
   Thanks!

   Patrick
   jpbedell at gmail.com
   http://infoeng.sourceforge.net/wiki