[Mediawiki-l] One install + several databases - how to configure?

Tim Ware tim at hyperarts.com
Sun Nov 26 00:11:58 UTC 2006

I have MW installed (v1.7.2) and I'm currently using one db for an
author's novel. The wiki for that one novel is in a subdirectory of
the main site.

I've been advised that it's best to just use one install and multiple
db's to have a wiki for each novel.

My question is, How to organize the one install. What should be at
the top level, and what should be in each subdirectory for each novel?

I would like to have a member's registration apply to all the novels,
and a search search all the databases.

I guess because I just have one wiki installation, registration would
be global and my real question is what needs changing? Somebody said
I need to do the configuring in LocalSettings.php, but I'm not sure
how to go about setting different db's for each novel.

Any helps is greatly appreciated and please let me know if I haven't
made myself clear here.

Thanks!

Tim