[Mediawiki-l] Premature end of script headers in index.php??

BruceMount at aol.com BruceMount at aol.com
Sat Nov 25 22:48:02 UTC 2006

I am asking this question a second time in hopes that some GENIUS can help
me.  I completely reinstalled MediaWiki 1.8.2 and it worked for all of 5 minutes
before I started getting:
====================
500 Server Error

A misconfiguration on the server caused a hiccup.Check the server logs, fix
the problem, then try again.URL:
http://www.xxxxx.com/wiki/index.php?title=Main_Page
====================

Looking at the server log, I see the error:
"Premature end of script headers: /home/xxxxx/public_html/wiki/index.php"

Thanks to François, I looked at:

http://thread.gmane.org/gmane.org.wikimedia.mediawiki/4024/focus=4100
http://httpd.apache.org/docs/1.3/misc/FAQ-F.html#premature-script-headers

....but neither was able to solve my problem.  The host company has tried to
help, but they are not experts with MediaWiki, so this think it's the
software.  However, given that thousands of people all over the world use the
MediaWiki, I think it must be something else.

Can anyone suggest ANY other thing I should look at or try?

--Bruce