[Mediawiki-l] Odd 500 Server Errors

Ian Barnes barnracoon at gmail.com
Sat Nov 25 15:21:17 UTC 2006

Hi,

Firstly, I apologize if this has been answered before, but I am having some
problems getting my Media Wiki up and running. The install all went through
perfectly and everything seemed to be working fine until I started changing
the Admin users theme. All went wrong there. I have since reverted the theme
(by changing sql manually), but its still giving the same error. After that,
I tried registering a new user, and the new user produces the same, even
after just registering.

It seems that if i delete all my cookies for the wiki domain, the problem
goes away until i login again, then it gives the 500 server error all the
time.  It have also noticed it happens if i try edit a page and im not
logged in.

I am running PHP version 5.2.0, with apache 2.0.59. Mysql 5.0, and mediawiki
1.8.2.

I get this in my httpd-error log: [Sat Nov 25 15:02:46 2006] [notice] child
pid 62542 exit signal Segmentation fault (11)

It only shows  that when I get a 500 error. All my other sites work fine,
they all use sessions, cookies and various other things which all work fine.

Any ideas as to what could be wrong?

Regards
Ian