[Mediawiki-l] How to find administration pages?

Sy Ali sy1234 at gmail.com
Fri May 26 23:04:19 UTC 2006

On 5/26/06, Ken McDonald <ken at pixologic.com> wrote:
> As a brand-new MW admin, my understanding is that the MediaWiki:
> namespace has various protected special pages that might make my admin
> task easier. But a search on "MediaWiki:" didn't turn up any titles, nor
> can I find any other entry points to such pages. (I am operating with
> full "sysop" access.) Am I misunderstanding something? Is most of the
> administration currently done via mysql and editing .php files?

Check out Special:Specialpages -- at the bottom are admin-only
actions.  It's a bit annoying to use, being alphabetical and presented
as a list (no icons and colours, no groupings, etc) but it's got a lot
of the good stuff.

Also, the maintenance directory has some helpful php scripts for more
difficult actions.

You shouldn't need to do any database or php wizardry for normal tasks though.