[Mediawiki-l] Mediawiki future: wikitext or wysiwyg

Sy Ali sy1234 at gmail.com
Wed May 24 11:51:44 UTC 2006

On 5/23/06, Shtriter <shtriter at gmail.com> wrote:
> I would like to know what way of the MW development will be chosen:

I doubt that either would make it into the official distribution.
They both have drawbacks.

I doubt that wikitext would be eliminated entirely since the
alternatives require technologies that not all users have (i.e. things
like javascript).

Maybe after the wysiwyg-type extensions mature the idea can be
revisited?  But a lot of "must have" extensions haven't been included
yet (think spam blacklist) so who knows.