[Mediawiki-l] Installation with Oracle Database with app stored in AFS?

Alan Hoyle alanh at email.unc.edu
Tue May 23 15:32:05 UTC 2006

Hey all,

For various reasons, my organization won't support MySQL as a
database.  I noticed that as of the release notes for 1.6.0, MediaWiki
is claimed to support Oracle though it's not well tested.

However, I don't see any documentation that mentions this in any other
context.  Is this something going to pop up during the install which
lets me choose? What do I need in terms of an oracle instance?  Do I
need a dedicated tablespace?

Also, I hope to be able to install the application files on a shared
filesystem (AFS) and I don't have direct access to the PHP server on
the web cluster without jumping through some hoops.  Will this present
a problem for installation or continued running?

-alan

--
   Alan Hoyle  -  alanh at unc.edu  -  http://www.alanhoyle.com/
                Get Horizontal, Play Ultimate.