[Mediawiki-l] Very slow Special:Newimages in MW 1.6.X

Juanma Barranquero lekktu at gmail.com
Tue May 23 13:25:11 UTC 2006

Hi.

I recently upgraded a very small wiki (< 1000 pages, < 100 images)
from 1.5.8 to 1.6.5. I simultaneously upgraded MySQL from 4.X to
5.0.21.

Now, accessing Special:Newimages is very slow, as if something were
not being cached. Clicking on the "Gallery of new files" specialpage
link causes a delay in the order of 20/30 seconds or more, when it was
a few seconds before (in case no new image had been recently uploaded,
of course).

After upgrading the software, I ran "php upgrade.php" and "php
refreshLinks.php", BTW.

Can anybody shed light on this?

Thanks,

                    /L/e/k/t/u