[Mediawiki-l] [MediaWiki-l] SVN: Exactly how does this work?

Brion Vibber brion at pobox.com
Wed May 10 21:55:29 UTC 2006

Elliott F. Cable wrote:
> I would like to keep our version updated to 1.7 all the time; but we
> have lots of extensions installed and other things in the same
> directory as mediawiki. If I run svn up on my local directory, would
> it only upgrade the mediawiki files that have changed, without
> removing our special stuff? And no, I haven't changed any actual
> mediawiki files other than LocalSettings.php; so would this work?

svn up shouldn't interfere with your custom files. (As long as they don't
conflict, of course.)

Don't forget to run maintenance/update.php to update localizations and database
changes as well. These may come without warning. (And always use caution and
back up your data regularly.)

-- brion vibber (brion @ pobox.com)