[Mediawiki-l] Multiple wikis - dealing with cookies

Sy Ali sy1234 at gmail.com
Tue Mar 28 01:52:50 UTC 2006

On 3/27/06, Joshua Yeidel <yeidel at wsu.edu> wrote:
> It's not clear that multiple MediaWiki's _can_ share the same user cookie if
> you are using the login code as-shipped.

This isn't a big enough issue to warrant my going overboard to solve it.

Ok, so how do I force the different mediawiki installs to use separate
cookies, to ensure that they don't clobber oneanother?

It does appear to me that something fishy is going on.. because
although I don't clear my cookies and have mw remember my password..
sometimes I have to re-log in.

It's not consistant.. so I'm still confused as to what's going on.