[Mediawiki-l] Soft blocking and hard blocking

Rob Church robchur at gmail.com
Fri Mar 24 11:35:55 UTC 2006

Since there's renewed interest in fixing the blocking problems (and
bug 550), I thought I'd draw attention to
http://meta.wikimedia.org/wiki/User:Robchurch/Blocking_Mechanism/Notes
which is a proposal for a fresh blocking mechanism.

I suspect this ties in a lot with the other current thread on this on
wikitech-l, and no doubt the principles are identical or near as
damnit. The precise implementation details are going to differ, but I
expect we can bang our heads together and whack out some code soon
enough.

Rob Church