[Mediawiki-l] Display a page's last-changed data from *another* page?

Tels nospam-abuse at bloodgate.com
Mon Mar 20 19:36:51 UTC 2006

Moin Matt,

On Monday 20 March 2006 19:25, Matt England wrote:
> I want to display a list of pages in one page, and adjacent to the page
> links, I want to show the last-changed-date of each of the pages (and
> potentially the page's author, but this author reference is not as
> important).
>
> Can this be done?  Maybe something like:
>
>     [[User:MattEngland|last-changed-timestamp]]
>
> ...could produce this time-stamp "meta" reference?

This would mean that the page needs to be updated whenever the referenced
page(s) changes, e.g. the referenced pages all need a list of pages where
they are mentioned in that way. I do think this is currently not easily
to do, since that list is not kept (CMIIAW).

Best wishes,

Tels

--
 Signed on Mon Mar 20 20:35:29 2006 with key 0x93B84C15.

 "In 1988, Jack Thompson ran against Janet Reno for DA of Dade County:
 Thompson's unique campaign message was that Reno was unfit for the job
 because, as a closeted lesbian with a drinking problem, she was great
 candidate for blackmail by the criminal element. Jack never explained
 why this remained a threat even after he exposed her 'secret'. Reno
 cruised at the polls."