[Mediawiki-l] CVS or subversion?

The XEN ICT Team - Ricardo Rodríguez webmaster at xen.net
Fri Mar 10 18:07:14 UTC 2006

Hi all,

Just a newcomer trying to do things as well as possible and needing some help on this side!

I've been browsing through mail lists, MediaWiki sites and other stuff but I'm afraid that I'm still a bit lost. I'm also afraid that I am not able to follow the instructions at http://www.mediawiki.org/wiki/Download_from_CVS to obtain the current, or any other, release by using CVS. At the moment I'm using Windows XP as desktop operative system. Please, could you advice me about a suitable CVS client? I've download and installed several of them, but it seems to the that I'm not able to pass them the correct information to access cvs.sourceforge.net.

Please, is it possible to use a Subversion client to do that task? I've downloaded and installed TortoiseCVS and TortoiseSVN.

Thanks for your help,

Ricardo

--
Ricardo Rodríguez