[Mediawiki-l] Setting up search

Arthur Guy Arthur at assys.net
Mon Jun 19 18:27:48 UTC 2006

Every time you create or edit a page the entry in the searchindex is
updated, this allows the search facility to work as soon as there is any
content.
Hence no FAQ entry

The rebuild search index script is used when the searchindex table
becomes corrupted and has to be recreated, or pages have been imported

Perhaps you didn't copy all the pages correctly and new pages creations
or edits are failing to create searchindex database entries, or maybe
permissions for that table weren't set properly; either way I would have
though an error would be displayed if they weren't stored.

Arthur Guy
arthur at astarsolutions.co.uk