[Mediawiki-l] Problem with interwiki links and custom namespace

mta matthias.taugwalder at bluewin.ch
Fri Jun 16 12:41:56 UTC 2006

Hi all again

Another problem I ran into it, is related to using interwiki links and
custom namespaces.

If there are an interwiki link and a custom namespace which are called the
same way (let's say a namespace as "IT" for information technology and "it"
as prefix for Italian language pages), then while rendering the page content
the prefix will be given a higher priority. This results in correct
namespace links, but broken links to Italian language pages.

Since I have to use the namespace "IT", I will try now to change the
language prefixed to 3 characters (so "ita" instead of "it").

Has anyone had also that problem? Is there another solution for this?

Best regards and thanks for your input